Cement and lime
Cement and lime are the basic construction materials necessary for almost every investment. Cement, a suitably sintered and ground mix of crushed mineral material and gypsum, is the most popular mineral binder in the construction industry. It is the main component of concrete, the properties of which are fundamental for the durability of the entire erected structure. It is a very important role, hence, every kind of cement made available on the market must conform to rigorous standards as governed by European norms. There are five basic types of cement:
- CEM I – Portland cement – composed of 95% of Portland clinker, it is resistant to low temperatures and fast-binding, and requires being doused with water when drying. This is cement that will prove itself e. g. when erecting reinforced structures.
- CEM II – Portland cement containing additives that exceed 5% of the entire content. It is used for the production of diverse masonry and plaster material, as well as base and stabilising layers.
- CEM III – slag cement, a mix of Portland clinker and granulated furnace slag. It is very resistant to the influence of sulphates in the environment (that is why it is used e. g. when casting foundations). However, it is characterised by a very long drying time (up to over a dozen days) and the necessity to douse it with water frequently in order to avoid cracks.
- CEM IV – pozzolana cement, a product characterised by increased resistance to environmental factors; used similarly to slag cement and proves itself under very difficult environmental conditions.
- CEM V – multi-ingredient cement that might be characterised by various ingredients and be used very widely in the construction industry. Multi-ingredient cement types are the basis not only of mortars and concrete, but various mixes and precast construction components.
Hydrated lime is a necessary component of masonry and plaster mortar. It is a completely natural construction material that is made by sintering active burnt lime. Cement and lime mortar is characterised by very good adhesion capacity to base materials thanks to the influence of the lime. Its particles are very small, thanks to this they can enter the pores and rough surfaces, providing them at the same time with suitable permeability. A particular advantage of lime is high resistance to the influence of fungus, mould or insects. That is why mortar with added lime is particularly recommended for residential areas or places more susceptible to the influence of humidity.
High volumes of materials – readily available
What makes Realbud different on the Polish construction market is the availability of materials – with us, the customer never has to lose their valuable time. We cooperate closely with manufacturers and importers of raw materials, hence, our warehouses well-stocked, and the goods are available in any volume – no waiting for orders. We can arrange quick and efficient delivery of the purchased goods, irrespective of the volume you might have purchased. For customers from the West Pomeranian voivodeship who would make purchases exceeding PLN 1000 – delivery is free.
Attractive prices - always
Thanks to our cooperation with Poland’s largest purchasing groups, the prices of cement and lime at Realbud outlets are always competitive. We also have numerous special offers for our customers – these can be single reductions or long-term loyalty programmes for construction companies. There is no doubt that it is just worth it to build with Realbud.
Cement available at Realbud outlets
Our offer includes both commonly used cement types, as well as speciality cement.
- universal Portland cement with various characteristics (e. g. blue, red, green),
- white Portland cement for surfaces to be painted (e. g. Aalborg)
- cement for buildings and structures particularly exposed to aggressive environmental conditions (e. g. Master 42, 5N)
- floor base cement (e. g. Lafarge iX CPP20)
- modern mortar for cement screed as well as cement putty for insulations (Weber)
Realbud cooperates with Polish and foreign manufacturers of construction materials: Cemex, Górażdże, Artcem, Weber.tec, Lafarge, Aalborg. Our offer includes both well-known and proven products, as well as new entries to the Polish and foreign markets. We frequently test and compare the products ourselves, and the results of this work can be found on our blog. Thanks to this, we will always know what to recommend to our customers, as well as the up- and downsides of every product.